COVID-19 Testing Lab Quality Manager
Rockville, Maryland 20852
COVID-19 Testing Lab Quality Manager
Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation's capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitment to social justice. Our community is a tight knit group of remarkable individuals interested in intellectual inquiry and making a difference in the world.
Georgetown University is standing up a new COVID-19 testing lab at our bone marrow transplant lab in Rockville, MD. The testing is for students, employees, and contractors at Georgetown University who live on campus, work on campus, and live in the surrounding neighborhood.
The Quality Manager is responsible for oversight of adherence to quality assurance and quality control activities of the laboratory. The Quality Manager is also responsible for oversight of the safety compliance in the laboratory. This position is responsible for:
- Facilitation of laboratory participation in an HHS approved proficiency testing program commensurate with the services offered;
- Managing and documenting a quality control program appropriate for the testing performed and ensuring that parameters for acceptable levels of analytic performance are maintained throughout the entire testing process from the initial receipt of the specimen, through sample analysis and reporting of test results. This includes oversight of maintenance and calibration of equipment and documentation and follow-up of corrective actions.
- Tracking training and education of each member of the laboratory and ensuring that training requirements are met;
- Tracking the competency assessment of all testing personnel and ensuring that competency requirement are met
- Coordinating, monitoring and tracking laboratory safety based on OSHA and university requirements
Position reports directly to Technical Supervisor. Communicates via telephone, email, letters and forms, face-to-face, and in other electronic formats with internal and external staff and partnering agencies. Communicates with regulatory and accreditation agencies.
- Academic: Minimum requirement of bachelor's degree in science or health related field from an accredited university.
- Practical Experience: Have at least two years of laboratory training or experience, or both, in high complexity testing. Experience in quality management in a high complexity clinical laboratory would be preferred.
- Technical Qualifications: Attention to detail and advanced organizational skills. Good computer skills. Interpersonal, oral and written communication skills. Ability to work with colleagues of diverse backgrounds.
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or email@example.com.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Georgetown University offers a wide variety of comprehensive and competitive benefits. Benefits packages include comprehensive health, dental and vision plans, disability and life insurance coverage, retirement savings programs, tuition assistance, voluntary insurance options (including group legal, accident, and critical illness), and much more. Whatever your need, the Office of Faculty and Staff Benefits will be standing by to support you. You can learn more about the benefits offered to eligible faculty and staff at https://benefits.georgetown.edu or view the online interactive benefits guide for more information.
To apply, visit https://georgetown.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Georgetown_Admin_Careers/job/Medical-Center/Quality-Manager---Georgetown-University-Medical-Center_JR09493
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Preferred Years Of Experience:2 Year(s)
Education Required:4 Year Degree - BS
Date Posted : 12/01/2020
Share On :