COVID-19 Testing Lab Senior Technical Supervisor
Rockville, Maryland 20852
COVID-19 Testing Lab Senior Technical Supervisor
Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation's capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitment to social justice. Our community is a tight knit group of remarkable individuals interested in intellectual inquiry and making a difference in the world.
Georgetown University is standing up a second COVID-19 testing lab at our bone marrow transplant lab in Rockville, MD. The testing is for students, employees, and contractors at Georgetown University who live on campus, work on campus, and live in the surrounding neighborhood.
The Technical Supervisor is responsible for the technical and scientific oversight of the laboratory. The technical supervisor is responsible for:
- Selection of the test methodology that is appropriate for the clinical use of the test results;
- Verification of the test procedures performed and establishment of the laboratory's test performance characteristics, including the precision and accuracy of each test and test system;
- Enrollment and participation in an HHS approved proficiency testing program commensurate with the services offered;
- Establishing a quality control program appropriate for the testing performed and establishing the parameters for acceptable levels of analytic performance and ensuring that these levels are maintained throughout the entire testing process from the initial receipt of the specimen, through sample analysis and reporting of test results;
- Being accessible to testing personnel at all times testing is performed to provide on-site, telephone or electronic consultation to resolve technical problems and ensure that remedial actions are taken whenever test systems deviate from the laboratory's established performance specifications;
- Ensuring that patient test results are not reported until all corrective actions have been taken and the test system is functioning properly;
- Identifying training needs and assuring that each individual performing tests receives regular in-service training and education appropriate for the type and complexity of the laboratory services performed;
- Evaluating the competency of all testing personnel and assuring that the staff maintain their competency to perform test procedures and report test results promptly, accurately and proficiently.
- Meet HIPAA requirements for the protection of health information and personal identifying information
Oversight of general supervisor(s). Position reports directly to Laboratory Director. Communicates via telephone, email, letters and forms, face-to-face, and in other electronic formats with internal and external staff and partnering agencies.
- Academic: Minimum requirement of doctoral degree in science or health related field from an accredited university.
- Practical Experience: Have at least two years of laboratory training or experience, or both, in high complexity testing within the specialty of molecular biology. Experience in high complexity testing in a clinical laboratory would be preferred.
- Technical Qualifications: Attention to detail, ability to address technical issues within high volume workflow, and advanced organizational skills. The technical supervisor must accommodate multiple competing demands simultaneously, and cope with mental rigors inherent to high volume clinical screening tasks. Good computer skills. Interpersonal, oral and written communication skills. Ability to work with colleagues of diverse backgrounds.
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or email@example.com.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Georgetown University offers a wide variety of comprehensive and competitive benefits. Benefits packages include comprehensive health, dental and vision plans, disability and life insurance coverage, retirement savings programs, tuition assistance, voluntary insurance options (including group legal, accident, and critical illness), and much more. Whatever your need, the Office of Faculty and Staff Benefits will be standing by to support you. You can learn more about the benefits offered to eligible faculty and staff at https://benefits.georgetown.edu or view the online interactive benefits guide for more information.
To apply, visit https://georgetown.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Georgetown_Admin_Careers/job/Medical-Center/COVID-19-Testing-Technical-Supervisor---Georgetown-University-Medical-Center_JR09491
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Preferred Years Of Experience:2 Year(s)
Date Posted : 12/01/2020
Share On :